Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Help!


OK so here's the thing. I'm not posting this on my blog because there's a possibility that my dad reads that but I know for damn sure he doesn't know this blog exists. He retired this year and some people at his office asked me to do a charicature of him for a coffee book photo dealy. So I spent all night trying to get at least a hefty start on the values for the portrait... I'd ideally like to try sort of a tom harris sort of look (link is on my blog) but of course I'm not even close to that good and I'm also pretty sure he uses painter. But if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to fire away. I plan on fixing the cloud BG heavily and also this is not the final colour scheme... I want to keep it in warm autumn colours, but it won't be monochromatic. Any suggestions would be great.

TX!

5 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Sean Covernton said...

hah! And I appear to have flattened the version with the not-fixed left hand... it's better in the newer version... well... as good as I can draw hands anyways.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger SAL said...

I love the "I'm the king of the world" feel of it.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Rick Capistrano said...

he looks like the proud mayor of a small town...

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Sean Covernton said...

Tx! Though technically he was the proud general manager of the superannuation board in the small town of Weinerpeg. To this day I don't know what that means except that it leads to stories about old people.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Sloth said...

yeah man the phtoshoppyness is pretty damn epic :) really nice depth in the paint job, and as you already mention i would work a bit on the hand, but yeah, spilled milk that is, looks great dude

 

Post a Comment

<< Home